Our 5th guest is Elijah A.
Elijah in 3 words: Friendly, Cheerful, and Kind .
Thanks Elijah for letting us in through your lens.
A. Describe yourself in 4 words? God’s Own, Optimistic, Pragmatic, & Generous
- I love God because He is the I am that I am and he never fails. I know he is always there for me, no matter how far or close I am, or how bad the situation is.
- Favorite encounter with God. I have had numerous encounters with God, most especially revealing things to me. However, I would always remember that he gave me the second chance to live. In 2014, my wife and I had an accident on our way to a friend’s wedding where I was supposed to be part of the groomsmen. Our car got totaled but He saved us. God gave me the second chance and I will forever cherish His love.
- Favorite female Christian/gospel artist? Currently, I will say Sinach Joseph. She has great songs that uplift my spirit.
- Favorite male Christian/gospel artist? This is tough! I don’t have any favorite male gospel artist but the few currently on my playlist are JJ Hairston, Matthew West, Travis Greene, and Nathaniel Bassey
- Favorite bible scripture when you are down? Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. (NASB)
- Favorite song that lifts your spirit? I have couple of songs that I currently listen to back to back on my playlist: You Deserve it – JJ Hairston, Great I am – LaRue Howard, and Made A Way – Travis Greene
- Favorite bible scripture? I don’t have favorite scripture. One of the top ones on my list is John 15: 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. (KJV)
- To me, God stands for …………(acronym- your choice) – I don’t have any acronym for God but in short, He is God: Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence (all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-present)
- Favorite female in the bible? Queen Esther: She understood how to fulfill “mission impossible”. She added work to her faith in order to save her people.
- Favorite male in the bible? This is a tough one. I don’t have favorite. I can name few of them from Old testament to the New: Abraham, Noah & Moses the great men of faith, Elijah the great prophet, Peter a diligent follower of Christ, Apostle Paul, etc.
- Favorite thing about Jesus? His unconditional love for us. He sacrificed himself to bring us to God
- Favorite thing about God? His love for us, he created us in His own image and send Jesus to save us
- I pray because It is the way of life and it is indispensable. I pray to thank God in advance & arrears, to get clarification & direction, and to submit my request to my creator
- Favorite parable? Parable of the Talents in Matthew 25:14–30. It reminds me of how important it is to use God’s given gift and talent.
- I would rather/prefer – sing praise songs; fast; sing worship songs; pray; all of the above? While option “e” is the optimal choice, I will be pragmatic and go with “a” because most of the time, I don’t have time/resources to do all of the above.
- On that last day, I want Jesus to say Welcome my son, I am proud of you and how you spent your life
- If I could do one thing for Jesus, it would be Help fulfill his mission of bringing people to God. Let the world know that He is the son of God and everything written about Him in the bible is accurate.
- What does LOVE mean to you? This is a deep question. To answer this, I need to think about my loved ones (wife, children, parents, siblings, and friends). Personally, love means the state of inability to live without seeing/talking to someone, thinking about this person and the unconditional willingness to forgive and sacrifice for them even when you don’t have enough for yourself
- A testimony/story that makes you marvel overtime about God – Apart from my personal experience, the near-death experience – motor accident that I mentioned earlier, my two other favorite stories are from the bible:
- Prodigal son story: It just amazes me how much love God have for us and how open His hands are to receive and welcome us back to His throne even after we backslid. Remember Isaiah 59: – “Listen! The LORD’s arm is not too weak to save you, nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call.” (NLT).
- Satan’s petition to test Job: My lesson learned is that Satan would look for ways to test us, God might allow him but He won’t let Satan hurt us not give him our lives.
- I can’t live without? (i) Listening to music because it elevates my spirit and energizes me (ii) Catching up with love ones / close friends, it helps me to stay in touch with the reality of life and give me the assurance that I am not alone