Today’s recipe is a good suggestion for Meatless Monday. It is healthy and tasty (key lyrics to my ears).
As a plant based eater, I gravitate towards lots of vegetables and whole grains. As such, I enjoy making tasty veggie recipes. Cauliflower buffalo wings are great substitutes for chicken tenders.
1 head cauliflower, large stalks removed, cut/torn into bite-size pieces
3/4 cup chickpea flour (can use white flour)
Healthy pinch pink himalayan salt
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk OR Water (if allergic to nuts)
6-8 Tbsp water
½ cup organic rice vinegar
¼ cup dijon mustard
2-tbsp habanero hot sauce
⅓ cup sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 F and line a baking sheet with greased aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Next, prepare batter. Mix dry ingredients together, and then add milk (or water) to start. Stir with a whisk until well combined. You want the batter thick but fluid so it can adhere to the cauliflower – too runny and it won’t stick.
- Once the oven is preheated, coat the cauliflower with batter. Shake off excess and place on baking sheet.
- Give each piece 1 inch of room to prevent sogginess. Depending on the size of your cauliflower this may require cooking on two baking sheets or in two batches.
- Bake for 25 minutes. In the meantime prepare the sauce by whisking together organic rice vinegar, sriracha sauce, dijon mustard, and habanero hot sauce. Add just a bit of vinegar to thin so it resembles a glaze consistency.
- Once the cauliflower has finished baking, remove from oven and coat in the sauce. Shake off excess, then place back n baking sheet and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until browned on the edges. Let cauliflower cool slightly and then serve immediately.
- Bon appetite
*Method adapted from Minimalist Baker