Our fifteenth guest is Mr. Seun F.
When I think passion for Christ, Mr Seun comes to mind. This Mr is so active for God, I often wonder where he gets the energy to combine the work of God with a demanding PhD in Geophysics. Always present at every event to lift the name of God high (more grace). Thanks Seun for letting us in through your lens.
A. Describe yourself in 4 words? Spirit-driven passionate young man
- I love God because He is my King and Savior. He is everything to me.
- Favorite encounter with God. The greatest encounter is with the salvation of my soul. God lead me through the years with principles and some sort of willingness not to put the name of the God my parent serves to shame. After I graduated with one of the best results in my department at Obafemi Awolowo University, I felt a very big empty space in my life. I went to my student/fellowship pastor. I explained to him how empty I was on the inside. I told him that I can read my books all night but I can’t finish a chapter of the Bible in one sitting. He prayed with me and committed to pray with me every day in person at the university’s soccer field. I was posted to a secondary school for my NYSC (in 2011). This seemed as an attack from the pit of hell because before I finished my undergraduate program, one of the oil and gas companies in Nigeria has already shown interest in me. So, I thought the road was clear for my job especially NYSC. God encountered me during my stay in Idomi village, Cross River state. It was a big year for me. I lost almost everything that acts as veils for me. I lost my laptop, beautiful phone [I started using a ‘touch-light’ phone, lol] and connection to information about scholarships etc. God gave me a fresh start in Him and gave me an unquenchable thirst for His word and His ways. I can’t thank God enough!
- Favorite female Christian/gospel artist? Cece Winans!
- Favorite male Christian/gospel artist? Don Moen
- Favorite bible scripture when you are down? “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9 ESV)
- Favorite song that lifts your spirit? “Be Strong and Take Courage” by Don Moen
- Favorite bible scripture? “You have granted me life and steadfast love, and your care has preserved my spirit.” (Job 10:12 ESV)
- To me, God stands for …………(acronym- your choice)
Great Omnipotent Daddy
- Favorite female in the bible? Sarah. Sarah is a wonderful woman of God. She was committed to the call of God on Abraham’s life. She fed a lot of people in her house and there was no evil report of her. She followed Abraham all the way to the level of giving her body to Pharaoh in order to preserve Abraham’s life. Thank God for intervening in the situation and stopped Pharaoh from touching her. Praise God!
- Favorite male in the bible? Isaac. Really!!! He gave himself to his dad for sacrifice and he did not report or fight his dad after the incident. No wonder God was with him all the days of his life. He married only one wife in a season when polygamy was permitted. No scandal, nothing!!!
- Favorite thing about Jesus? Jesus’ compassion and sincerity are unfathomable. How many of us can promise people we are trying to win over that they will suffer and will be hated by all men?
- Favorite thing about God? God is big, Amen!!! All the stories in the bible connect in a wonderful way. We can see a pattern and we can only pray that God should please align us with His will in Jesus name. Also, God says things that will be fulfilled later in future as though they were already happening. This makes me trust Him more.
- I pray because Prayer humbles me in the presence of God! Prayer changes the tide of all things both physical and spiritual and makes them align with the will of God. It is the power that we have as Christians. We can communicate with our Source and Great Ally. A prayer less Christian is a powerless one.
- Favorite parable? The parable of the hidden treasure. “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found, and hid. In his joy, he goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field.” (Matthew 13:44 KJV).
Paul said “Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things and count them but dung, that I may win Christ” (Philippians 3:8 KJV)
- I would rather/prefer – my situation at a particular moment dictates which I do? sing praise songs; fast; sing worship songs; pray; all of the above
- On that last day, I want Jesus to say Welcome My son. Come into the glory of your Father..
- If I could do one thing for Jesus, it would be a total surrender of the whole me.
- What does LOVE mean to you? Love is what God would do in ‘this’ situation. God is love!
- A testimony/story that makes you marvel overtime about God – I always experience supernatural leading of God in my life. I registered for GRE and was not able to do it during my NYSC year. I was not satisfied with my grade and thought I would have to rewrite my GRE. On my way to Ilesa from Lagos on a faithful weekend, I went to my former school (Obafemi Awolowo University) to say hello to my professors. The professor said I should not talk to him if I have not written my GRE. I told him about my score in the exam and how disappointed it was. Surprisingly, he encouraged me to apply and introduced me to a brother here in the US. I applied to just one university in the United States for my masters and the university gave me a full scholarship and teaching assistantship. I applied to some schools in UK as well but this path was least expected. God reminded me of this great miracle when I was worried about my admission to a Ph.D. program. One day, I was in my professor’s office at Boston College to share my worries. As I was speaking with him, God said: “I have done it before and I can do it again”. When I was ready to apply to 9 or 10 universities, God told me the university to apply to (just one of them) and He made a way!!! Full funding with research assistant position!!! God made a way for me where there seems to be no way. Praise God!!!
- I can’t live without? being in the presence of God!!!!