20 questions – See LOVE through the lens of others.
Our sixth guest is Mr Emmanuel O.
Our first male guest is the dapper Emmanuel. Emmanuel and I attend the same church in Boston. This son of God champions the evangelism effort that the most High requires of us (Mark 16:15)…Thanks for letting us in through your lens.
A. Describe yourself in 4 words? Formerly wretched, now regenerated
- I love God because the spirit of God in me stirs my affections toward God. I’ve learned I cannot love God by own will but through the Holy Spirit in me. Looking back on my walk with God so far, I would say I love God for his infinite patience with me in growing into the image of His son, jesus Christ
- Favorite encounter with God. September 8, 2016 – I was deeply moved to pray while in class. So after class I prayed in tears asking God for boldness to preach on the T for the first time. I was not aware of how much time had passed, because I kept praying as I was stirred up in my spirit, and God promised he will be with me and led me to Josh 1:9
- Favorite female Christian/gospel artist? Lauren Daigle
- Favorite male Christian/gospel artist? Pil Wickham
- Favorite bible scripture when you are down? NA
- Favorite song that lifts your spirit? No longer slaves -Bethel
- Favorite bible scripture? Exodus 33:18-23 – Moses responded, “Then show me your glorious presence”. The Lord replied , “I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh, before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose. But you may not look directly at my face, for no one see me and live”. The Lord continued, Look, stand near me on this rock. As my glorious presence passes by, I will hide you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and let you see me from behind. But my face will not be seen.”
- To me, God stands for …………(acronym- your choice)
- Favorite female in the bible? Mary Magdalene
- Favorite male in the bible? Moses (apart from Jesus Christ)
- Favorite thing about Jesus? He was humility in human form. Despite having authority over heavenly angels; despite able to say a word, any word, and it will be so, he not only submitted to God, but he submitted to man-being slapped (John 18:22) and beaten and he was spot on, yet he sis not retaliate.
- Favorite thing about God? I really appreciate God’s patience and loving kindness toward me, especially knowing that he is also a consuming fire.
- I pray because I constantly need the leading and empowerment of the Holy Spirit to live according to God’s desires and to grow into the likeness of Christ
- Favorite parable? The parable of the Hidden Treasure (Matt 13:44)
- I would rather/prefer – my situation at a particular moment dictates which I do? sing praise songs; fast; sing worship songs; pray; all of the above
- On that last day, I want Jesus to say “Welcome home, namesake, welcome home”
- If I could do one thing for Jesus, it would be to buy out prime time TV advertising to spread the message of God’s kingdom to every home; and sponsor well executed ads about Jesus and the kingdom of God at the Superbowl every year.
- What does LOVE mean to you? This is something I reflect on from time to time. In fact over the course of my life I’ve asked God to teach me to love, but through my experiences he taught (and continues to teach) me humility. That great virtue in whose heart lies vulnerability. That when I am striped of all egotism, all self-glorification and self-centeredness I may get a glimpse of what it means to love
- A testimony/story that makes you marvel every time about God. I always marvel at how God led me through an inner voice and dreams, to the person who would later become my wife. He also revealed to me through several dreams my ministry and even before knowing who I would marry. God had shown my future wife (through dreams) events about my personal life and her role in helping me realize and carry out God’s assignment for us in marriage.
20. I can’t live without? A clear conscience before God