20 questions – See LOVE through the lens of others.
Our fifth guest is Miss Mayowa O.
Of the 4 guests thus far, Mayowa’s voice is most mellifluous (not sure that’s proper grammar, but you get my point 😉 ). I met this gregarious young lady at church 3 years ago.
When I say God works in mysterious ways, I truly mean it. She doesn’t know this, but I didn’t think Mayowa and I would be friends when I first met her. She rubbed me the wrong way a bit because she always greeted me as “Hi, Ife” instead of Hi, Sis Ife. I felt we just met, we aren’t pals, so lets keep it formal. Today, I am grateful she was as INFORMAL, OPEN, and FRIENDLY as a true christian friend should be. THANKS!!!!
As if that wasn’t enough, I found out that we are birds of the same feather (i.e., we share the same birthday, Oct 9th)…Thanks for letting us in through your lens.
A. Describe yourself in 4 words? Passionate, Determined, Lovely, Loving
- I love God because of who He is, His faithfulness, His sacrifice on the cross (I ask myself how its even possible). His sacrifice makes me in awe of who He is. How can God love me so much even with my flaws, sins?.
- Favorite encounter with God. I was praying about an interview and I heard God speak clearly for the first time. The circumstance, everything was just overwhelming.
- Favorite female Christian/gospel artist? None actualy but Lauren Diagle, Steffany Gretzinger (Prophetic worshipper) and many others.
- Favorite male Christian/gospel artist? None. Travis Green has powerful songs. I like Nathaniel Bassey; Band – Houseflies is really good (powerful lyrics). And many others.
- Favorite bible scripture when you are down? When I am down, hmm….This changes based on what I am going through at the point. But recently, I found Psalm 12:6. It reminds me that God’s word will be fulfilled because it is pure and cannot fail. This scripture is perfect for my current season.
- Favorite song that lifts your spirit? Lately , You made a way by Travis Green. I have other Nigerian songs
- Favorite bible scripture? I tend to remind myself a lot of John 16:33. But I don’t really have a favorite. I really like Matt 5:13-15
- To me, God stands for …………(acronym- your choice)
Too many things. It will be a very acronym. But lets start with love and perfection and holiness.
- Favorite female in the bible? Esther – she is my namesake too 🙂
- Favorite male in the bible? Hmm…none yet. Too many favorites I guess but I really admire Joseph. His consistency is worthy of emulation. Daniel’s divine wisdom and ability to stay humble is something I strive for.
- Favorite thing about Jesus? How he loved people when he was on earth. My biggest desire is to love selflessly like he did.
- Favorite thing about God? His unfailing mercy/love. God’s power, it’s amazing. Thinking about it makes me stand in awe.
- I pray because I believe God hears and answers, And because I have experiences what prayer can do.
- Favorite parable? Hmm….I don’t have one. But I’ll say parable of the lost sheep sums up my main duty as a Christian. Witnessing and Evangelizing
- I would rather/prefer – my situation at a particular moment dictates which I do? sing praise songs (1); fast (4); sing worship songs (2); pray (3); all of the above
- On that last day, I want Jesus to say Well done
- If I could do one thing for Jesus, it would be Winning souls. Using the word of God t touch lives like Jesus did.
- What does LOVE mean to you? Geninuely caring about others, putting their needs before yours, being consistently selfless in your service.
- A testimony/story that makes you marvel every time about God. Hmm…That one time God took me from struggling to having a job I didn’t expect or think I qualified for. Changing my family’s story.
20. I can’t live without? Praying/studying God’s word. The moment I stop, I start getting easily irritated, cranky and very uneasy.