20 questions – See LOVE through the lens of others.
Our third guest is Miss Shenike H.
Shenike is one of my dear friends and sister from another mother. September of this year will mark 17 years of friendship. The start of our friendship is quite funny. We met in maths class, on the day of our first semester exam. My dear lady thought I was trying to copy her exam. I wasn’t and God proved it to her by inducing a fire drill, that allowed us to chat and talk about the exam questions……LOL! – Thanks for letting us in through your lens!
A. Describe yourself in 4 words? Honest, Sensitive, Funny and Determined.
- I love God because His love for me is unconditional, no matter how flawed i am.
- Favorite encounter with God. Every Sunday when I receive the Eucharist at Mass (I’m Catholic).
- Favorite female Christian/gospel artist? I don’t really have one though i like Tamela Mann..
- Favorite male Christian/gospel artist? I don’t really have one
- Favorite bible scripture when you are down? Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord – Psalm 27:14
- Favorite song that lifts your spirit? God, Beyond All Names by Bernadette Farrell and Ave Maria by Aaron Neville
- Favorite bible scripture? The entire Psalm 23.
- To me, God stands for …………(acronym- your choice)
- Favorite female in the bible? Mary, the Blessed Mother.
- Favorite male in the bible? John the Baptist.
- Favorite thing about Jesus? He speaks the Truth.
- Favorite thing about God? His forgiveness is never-ending.
- I pray because It allows me to talk with my Father and express my feelings to Him.
- Favorite parable? Parable of the Sower Matt 13:3-9
- I would rather/prefer – my situation at a particular moment dictates which I do? sing praise songs; fast; sing worship songs; pray; all of above
- On that last day, I want Jesus to say All is well now.
- If I could do one thing for Jesus, it would be To recognize and fulfill His purpose for my life.
- What does LOVE mean to you? To be forgiving, to be merciful, to be kind, to be gracious, to be humble.
- A testimony/story that makes you marvel every time about God. In 2013, the day i was to receive the Eucharist and Confirmation sacraments of my faith, I had a dream where God revealed to me that He was leading me away from the hands of the devil, who was reaching out to me, and to my spiritual guide, Saint Therese of Lisieux, the Saint I confirmed in. Today, I am inspired by the Humility and devotion of Saint Therese when she was alive, and I pray that my devotion can grow to be like hers.
20. I can’t live without? A continuous and free-flowing connection with the Holy Trinity.