20 questions – See LOVE through the lens of others.
Our tenth guest is Oyin L.
Not only is this woman a family member (my cousin), Oyin is also a friend. It’s always a blessing when family members are FRIENDS too. This woman is kind, generous, and BEAUTIFUL inward as she is outward. Most important, she is a LOVER of GOD… Thanks for letting us in through your lens.
A. Describe yourself in 4 words?
*Okay just kidding… Hopeful; Evolving; Interested; Thoughtful
- I love God because He is always kind, always good, always faithful and always merciful to me (and to everyone of His children).
- Favorite encounter with God. Every time I’m worshiping Him. Like really worshiping; in spirit and in truth with all of my heart and soul in total surrender (usually in tears).
- Favorite female Christian/gospel artist? TY Bello
- Favorite male Christian/gospel artist? Permit me to give my top 3 instead – Lacrae; Israel Houghton; Toby Mac
- Favorite bible scripture when you are down? Any scripture the Holy Spirit leads me to at such a point in time.
- Favorite song that lifts your spirit? Permit me to give my top 2 instead. Come thou fount (Hymn) and Mountain (by Hillsong United)
- Favorite bible scripture? Philippians 4:4,6,7
- To me, God stands for …………(acronym- your choice)
O-mnipotent, present and scient
- Favorite female in the bible? Martha and Rahab (can’t choose)
- Favorite male in the bible? Definitely, Most Definitely – Peter
- Favorite thing about Jesus?
- His teaching skills
- His wisdom
- His heart for people
- His work ethic
- Favorite thing about God? His omnipotency
- I pray because Praying reassures me that I have a heavenly Father, I have Jesus in my life and the Holy Spirit is with me. And it makes me feel closer to God
- Favorite parable? The Parable of the Sower
- I would rather/prefer – my situation at a particular moment dictates which I do? sing praise songs; fast; sing worship songs; pray; all of the above
- On that last day, I want Jesus to say Welcome my darling. Welcome and Well done! You’ll see clearly now… It’s all perfect. 🙂
- If I could do one thing for Jesus, it would be To win at least a thousand souls for His kingdom before I die.
- What does LOVE mean to you? Love means being gracious to all people regardless of reciprocity. It means considering others and putting others before myself regardless of reciprocity. It means being patient and kind in every situation regardless of reciprocity. It means treating people equally, irrespective of any humanly assigned social status.
Love to ME means God sending His Son Jesus, to be born as a man and to die on a cross for my sins and the sins of all mankind.
- A testimony/story that makes you marvel overtime about God? A man was involved in a serious accident which badly affected one of his arms. As a result he had to undergo one or more surgeries. During the surgery, a lot of metal fittings were implanted in his arm and this caused him an immense and severe amount of pain. He lived with this pain for a long while. During a particular season at church, using Matthew 6:33 as an anchor scripture, all members were strongly encouraged to go out and evangelize and preach the good news of salvation to all people on the streets and everywhere. This man decided to engage in this evangelism drive for that period of time, ignoring the immense pains in his body and he even carried out the evangelism with a high degree of commitment. After a particular day of him embarking on this intense evangelism he got home and while alone he heard God say to him “Go to bed, I want to operate on you”. When he woke up the next morning, he saw right beside his bed, all the metal implants that had been in his arm, they were still covered with blood like a surgery had just been completed. He looked at his arm and there were no openings or stitches. He felt his arm and he felt no metal and all the pain was completely gone. He brought these metal implants along with him on the day he shared his testimony! Mighty God!
- I can’t live without? I cannot live without God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit in my life. I strongly believe they (The Holy Trinity) are the entire point of my existence.