Our 3rd guest is Mr Buchi O.
Buchi in 3 words: Selfless, Philosophical, Lover of God
Thanks Buchi for letting us in through your lens.
A. Describe yourself in 4 words? Thoughtful, Pragmatic, Hard working, Goal Oriented
- I love God because of his Amazing Grace, Mercy, and Love. A lot of what I have been afforded is because of these attributes of God.
- Favorite encounter with God. Just remembering being in a car accident in 2015 where my vehicle hydroplaned off the road on black ice during a snow storm. The police told me I was probably the 15th car accident on that highway during the storm. My car was totaled but I walked out unscratched. It was simply God’s grace.
- Favorite female Christian/gospel artist? Typically, I am not into the artists but more into the specific songs they have sang. I appreciate the song by Tasha Cobbs “Break Every Chain.” Furthermore I really appreciate the song by Jackie Gouche, “My Help.” Obviously there are more but that can be another conversation. 😀
- Favorite male Christian/gospel artist? Broadly speaking, I appreciate songs from Uche Agu [The worship experience], Mali Music [The second coming], Lacrea [Rehab], Sonnie Badu [Lost in his glory] to Anthony Brown [Trust in you].
- Favorite bible scripture when you are down? Wow. I appreciate the bible passage James 1:2 “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.” It reminds me that hey, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. To me, that is a message of light and hope when everywhere seems dark.
- Favorite song that lifts your spirit? Anthony Brown [Trust in you] and Jackie Gouche [My Help]. Amazing songs.
- Favorite bible scripture? Psalm 121:5 – The Lord watches over you — the Lord is your shade at your right hand; 6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
- To me, God stands for …………(acronym- your choice) – Always a protector, Always loving, Forever graceful.
- Favorite female in the bible? Mary Magdalene because I believe she is the epitome of who we are to God. So undeserving and broken but he just qualifies us and perfects us. It is only by his grace. I think that is pretty powerful.
- Favorite male in the bible? David because he is such a mess and yet so great because of his love for God. He is a quintessential example of our humanity in the eyes of God. Sure, he made a lot of mistakes but he is ever pressing forward, learning, and impacting positively to give God the glory.
- Favorite thing about Jesus? His love, empathy, and thoughtfulness. Wow… I love how when he was not even trying to heal the woman with the issue of blood, but even after she got her healing, he found it so important to stop and make certain that she is whole. I find that incredibly powerful.
- Favorite thing about God? His Love period.
- I pray because I need to. 😄😄. Mainly because that is how and where I derive help.
- Favorite parable? The prodigal son. It is story of love beyond expectations and comprehension from the father, a story of transformation from the son, and lesson of forgiveness and empathy to the brother. It is also such an amazing story of identity. The prodigal son is the son of the father and nothing would change that.
- I would rather/prefer – my situation at a particular moment dictates which I do? sing praise songs; fast; sing worship songs; pray; all of the above
- On that last day, I want Jesus to say Welcome son
- If I could do one thing for Jesus, it would be Impact others positively for his Glory
- What does LOVE mean to you? Wow. This is such an amazing question. It means empathy, understanding, hard dialogues, encouragements; it is not easy. It is humble, definitely endures past transient feelings of emotions. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 definitely expresses it better.
- A testimony/story that makes you marvel overtime about God – The story of my parents is a testimony on its own for me. That is a long story 😊. So a short story would be the same as when God allowed me to walk out of a totaled car unscratched.
- I can’t live without? Empathy, love, and prayers.