Our 18th guest is Mrs Amy H.
I met the lovely Mrs Amy via Instagram. Our paths crossed because of this wonderful God we serve. Her daily interpretation of bible scriptures drew me to her page. She has a way of personalizing the scriptures and making it so relatable.
Here are some snap chats of what i mean (images taken from Mrs Amy’s Instagram’s page)
You need to check her page to have a better understanding of what I mean. Thanks Mrs Amy for letting us in through your lens.
A. Describe yourself in 4 words? In love with Jesus
- I love God because He first loved me–before I ever even knew Him! He is always there for
me! He meets every single need I have. He is patient with me.
- Favorite encounter with God. My favorite encounter with God was at my kitchen table just a few months after I had married my husband. I worried I had made a mistake. My husband and I were not getting along and things weren’t as great as I had hoped they would be. So I called out to God. I told Him that I was unhappy and that I wanted to leave. For maybe the very first time, I totally sensed God say to me–not out loud, but just as a strong feeling impressed on my heart– “Amy, you are to stay right where you are. NO MAN except Jesus Christ can be your Savior, so stop looking for another. Commit yourself to Me and to this marriage and then you WATCH what I will do!” (That conversation with God was a major turning point in my spiritual journey).
- Favorite female Christian/gospel artist? It might surprise people to know that I don’t listen to a lot of contemporary Christian music. I mostly listen to old hymns on one of my Pandora stations. But I like Kari Jobe a lot. I went to a concert of hers over the summer.
- Favorite male Christian/gospel artist? Toby Mac
- Favorite bible scripture when you are down? “He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?” (Romans 8:32)
- Favorite song that lifts your spirit? “It is Well” by Kristene DiMarco
- Favorite bible scripture? “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.” (Proverbs 29:25)
- To me, God stands for …………(acronym- your choice) – Great, Outstanding, Deliverer
- Favorite female in the bible? Sarah was a very good example as a wife. She submitted to her husband as she was supposed to, even when it made no sense and God blessed her for it.
- Favorite male in the bible? I probably like Nehemiah the best. His life teaches me so much. He modeled how to best respond to bad news about others, how to pray, how to lead others well, how to be humble, and how to remain focused on what matters most.
- Favorite thing about Jesus? Jesus was always thinking of others. Even while on the cross. That stands out the most to me. He was being crucified and yet He asked God to forgive those who were doing it to Him. He reassured the thief next to him that he would join Him in Paradise. He even thought of His own mother. While He was dying, He told one of the disciples there to make sure she was taken care of. He wasn’t thinking of Himself in life or even while facing pain and death.
- Favorite thing about God? God is completely faithful. He never leaves me and He keeps every promise He makes. He also lets me know how real He is. I ask Him a lot of questions in my prayers and I ask Him to confirm things I feel He has put on my heart and He ALWAYS answers me!
- I pray because It is the primary way I personally maintain fellowship with my Savior. I let Him know at the beginning of each and every day that I love Him and that I am thankful for His blessings because He deserves that. I pray for myself because I am weak and apart from Him I can do nothing. I pray for others because Scripture tells me to and because prayer is a powerful
privilege. I have seen so many answers to prayer in my life, it would be selfish of me NOT to
pray for others. Prayer also positions me to where I can get God’s perspective on things. It’s
where He aligns me with His will and His purposes. Bottom line, I pray because the One who
made me and gives me breath every single day is always near and wanting to hear from me.
- Favorite parable? The parable of the sower and the seeds. (Matthew 13:1-23)
- I would rather/prefer – my situation at a particular moment dictates which I do? sing praise songs; fast; sing worship songs; praying; all of the above
- On that last day, I want Jesus to say well done, good and faithful servant
- If I could do one thing for Jesus, it would be to live in obedience to the word of God
- What does LOVE mean to you? Put the needs of others above self
- A testimony/story that makes you marvel overtime about God – I just finished reading in Genesis about Adam and Eve and their sin against God. He was explaining the consequences of their sin (and the serpent’s) and while doing so, He revealed that He already had a rescue plan in place for us through His Son Jesus! (Genesis 3:15). I just love that He could not bear the thought of being separated from us. That kind of love is something to marvel about for sure!
- I can’t live without? the love of God