Our 16th guest is Joko E.
I met the lovely Joko less than a year ago at a friend’s wedding. Though we had very little interaction, she was easy going and kind. Joko has a warm and friendly demeanor and exudes sophisticated elegance. Not only is Joko a lover of God, she is also a bag/luggage designer. Thanks Joko for letting us in through your lens.
A. Describe yourself in 4 words? Warrior, Encourager/Supporter, Sensitive and Kind
- I love God because He is so faithful!! He never ever gives up. Even I would have given up on me when I refused to listen to Him. And He is patient. It’s only last year that I realized how important God was to me and I grew up in a Christian home.
- Favorite encounter with God. Hmmmm! This is difficult. But I’ll say I love how God has been refining me and bringing me out of my shell in the last year. I am an outgoing person but I became timid because i believed I was living a purposeless life and I felt unfulfilled. But God in His infinite mercy started drawing me out again and has even shown me that those low moments were useful to make me who I am today.
- Favorite female Christian/gospel artist? I don’t listen to a lot of gospel music o but there’re a few I enjoy. I like Folabi Nuel, Travis Greene, Hillsong, Nathaniel Bassey, Cece Winans and Planet Shakers
- Favorite male Christian/gospel artist? Same as above
- Favorite bible scripture when you are down? Psalm 1:1-3
- Favorite song that lifts your spirit? Mma Eh – Frank Edwards and I love Ron Kenoly’s, lift him up and Jesus is alive albums!
- Favorite bible scripture? Seek first the kingdom of God and everything would be added unto you. Matthew 6:33
- To me, God stands for …………(acronym- your choice) So I struggled with this one and came up with nothing
- Favorite female in the bible? This is tough. I like Esther. Her silent strength was remarkable. And although she afraid of losing her life, she still fought for her people.
- Favorite male in the bible? Right now? It’s Daniel!! I admire his discipline, humility, excellence, honesty and outlook. I mean I could go on and on. He decided to make things work even when he was taken captive to another city. It just showed me that we need to make good use of whatever situation we’re in. And he’s a perfect example of showing us that our ministry is not limited to the church. It can be in any arena
- Favorite thing about Jesus? Jesus’ stories! He was a good story teller. He told stories in a way that was relatable, simple and memorable.
- Favorite thing about God? The fact that God can be whatever you need Him to be is amazing to me. I never fully understood what “I am” meant until a few months ago. When I’ve needed a father, He’s been there. A friend, He’s been there. A creative director, He’s been there. And in all of this, everything He wants is for my good.
- I pray because It’s a way for me to talk to God. Sometimes I wish we could have a back and forth conversation though! I love to gist so trust me, I wouldn’t mind that sort of conversation with my awesome daddy!
- Favorite parable? The parable of one talent! I felt like I was the man with one talent for a long time because of fear. I wasn’t using my gifts because I was too afraid that people would reject it. I had to understand that God didn’t bless me with those gifts because of me, He blessed me because I was supposed to share it with others.
- I would rather/prefer – my situation at a particular moment dictates which I do? sing praise songs; fast; sing worship songs; pray; all of the above – It depends. So I love praise and worship in certain situations and prayer in others. One thing I love to do is write my prayers to God. It’s a great way to speak with Him and still go back and read the conversations I had with Him. I don’t like fasting o!!! It’s always a struggle. Right now I’m even asking the Holy Spirit to help me.
- On that last day, I want Jesus to say That our generation made Him proud.
- If I could do one thing for Jesus, it would be Using the talents He has blessed me with to the fullest so that I leave earth completely empty.
- What does LOVE mean to you? God! Love is selfless but just.
- A testimony/story that makes you marvel overtime about God So let me share a recent one. I went for my friend’s wedding in Burkina Faso in July and I had bought my ticket the month before. As the wedding was drawing closer, expenses were mounting up and I realized I wasn’t going to have money for the actual trip – my hotel and other expenses. Anyway, 2 days before the trip, I was thinking I should cancel and just forfeit my ticket. But God showed up because my boyfriend gave me $100 the day before I left. It was just enough to cover my hotel bill. My mum also connected me with her Burkinabe friend who gave me just enough money to cover my other expenses.
- I can’t live without? Hmmmmmm!!! Without God really. Because I know that it’s because of Him that I am here today.