Our thirteenth guest is Toma A.
I met the lovely Ms Toma about three years ago. We got along because of our like for dumplings. She is a chorister with a BEAUTIFUL voice. Thanks for letting us in through your lens.
A. Describe yourself in 4 words? Godly work in progress
- I love God because He has an incredibly awesome personality. He is love, mercy, holiness, goodness, creativity (the list goes on). Yet in all his unfathomable powerfulness he calls me his own and relates with me as such.
- Favorite encounter with God. hmmmm, not sure
- Favorite female Christian/gospel artist? Kim Walker Smith
- Favorite male Christian/gospel artist? Don Moen
- Favorite bible scripture when you are down? Jeremiah 29:11-12 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you”
- Favorite song that lifts your spirit? Going to pick my current wake-up song: Immediately by Tasha Cobbs
- Favorite bible scripture? Deuteronomy 30:20 “That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord swore unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.” KJV
- To me, God stands for …………(acronym- your choice)
Grace Obtained Delight
- Favorite female in the bible? Esther – the everyday girl who became queen and saved her race
- Favorite male in the bible? David – he had a heart that was determined to love God and showed it
- Favorite thing about Jesus? (Aside from his giving up sovereignty for a time so that I can be reconnected to the Father) his unpretentious nature. He says it like it is while being kind and providing the way to salvation, to freedom.
- Favorite thing about God? He is a good good father, in every sense of the word. He disciplines me to make me perfect and provides me with and teaches me what is good for me
- I pray because it’s the only way I can survive on this earth
- Favorite parable? The Matthew 20:1-16 parable, where the landowner pays all the workers the same agreed amount at the end of the day, even though they all didn’t start working at the same time. I think there’s so much to be said about how individual our walk with God is.
- I would rather/prefer – my situation at a particular moment dictates which I do? sing praise songs; fast; sing worship songs; pray; all of the above
- On that last day, I want Jesus to say “You worked hard loving me in that distracted world and you made it through. I am pleased with your fruits so come to me” 🙂
- If I could do one thing for Jesus, it would be make everyone understand how good he is and what the sacrifice he paid means for them
- What does LOVE mean to you? LOVE is that thing that I wonder if I’ll ever truly understand. Seriously. I think it takes a certain depth of humility and selflessness to be loving. Love is something that I have to constantly remind myself to use to guide how I make decisions and how I relate to others.
- A testimony/story that makes you marvel overtime about God There are many. Here is a quick one- One time when I felt betrayed that I couldn’t find a parking spot for church (among other things that were making for a very discouraging season) and then we had to go for an afternoon program at another parish, and then I missed my exit so ended up taking longer to get there, so I was so sure that I would be struggling to find parking yet again. Imagine my shock when I got there and the primest parking spot was awaiting my arrival- I had to go down the street and turn around to come back and park yet it was still there! Folks went right by it. I felt like God was saying “Perfect parking spot to brighten up your day and feel my love”. Sure did!
- I can’t live without? God, everything else is bearable if he is with me.