Hope you all had a good and relaxed U.S. Independence day?
Today’s recipe is one of my favorite hors d’oeuvres or appetizers. They are peppers stuffed with cream cheese and meat or wrapped with meat – bacon to be exact.
What you need:
7 Jalapeño peppers
8 oz cream cheese (1 pack)
Bacon (any meat of your choice: pork, turkey or chicken).
- Clean the peppers and cut each jalapeño lengthwise and with a small spoon, scrape out any seeds and veins.
- Warm the cream cheese for easy scooping
- Fill pepper halves with the cream cheese
- Wrap the stuffed peppers with strips of bacon*
- Arrange the peppers, filling side facing up, onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 F oven until the bacon is crispy and the peppers are tender; 20 to 25 minutes.
- Bon appetite
*Can make ahead of time – Stuff and wrap jalapeño poppers up to 1 day in advance. Refrigerate, well-covered, until ready to bake.
Disclaimer – I have yet to taste a good vegan version. My vegetarians/vegans audience, any suggestions?